Are you 16-24 years old?
Study for free1 with our Horticulture course!
As part of the government’s Youth Guarantee scheme Fruition can offer you FREE1 entry into our Level 2 programme: Hei Whanake – Foundation to Employment in Horticulture.
Hei Whanake – Foundation to Employment in Horticulture
Hei Whanake is a course designed to introduce you to the basics of Horticulture. After completing the programme, you will be able to be employed as an orchard worker, harvester, vineyard hand, farm assistant, or in various other horticulture-based roles.
Benefits of Fruition’s Level 2 course include:
- Zero fees – if accepted, you pay nothing.1
- Learn with a group of like-minded people
- We will pick you up and drop you off each day
- Morning tea and lunch is on us. No need to pack food, we’ve got you covered.
- You don’t pay a thing (The government pays for the course through their Youth Guarantee Fund)
For full course details, please visit the Hei Whanake Course Outline page.
The programme is offered to any New Zealand residents between the age of 16-24. We offer the course in 4 different locations:
Bay of Plenty:
- Te Puke
Eligibility & How to Apply
To be eligible for the course, and the free funding, you must meet the following criteria:
1. You may be eligible to have the Govenment pay for your course fees through their Youth Guarantee Fund. Contact us using the form below if you are unsure if you’re eligible.
2. If you are 15 you may still be eligible with special entry. Use the form below to get in touch and we will do our best to make arrangements for you to join the course.
3. The Youth Guarantee Scheme will only pay your course fees if you do not have NCEA Level 3. You are still allowed to enrol if you have Level 3, but you will need to pay the course fees yourself. Contact Us for more information.